What is NATA ?
NATA means National Aptitude test in Architecture
NATA exam conducting Authority :
COA - Council of Architecture, a core body constituted by the government of india that provides & regulates standards of education, registration of architects, standards of professional conduct e.t.c
Total Number of architectural education institutions in india : About 450 institutions as of 2017.
NATA - A Mandatory exam for admission to B.Arch in INDIA :
As per the As per the minimum standards of architectural education regulations prescribed by COA , qualifying in an aptitude test in architecture is mandatory for admission to B.Arch degree course.
About NATA 2017 :
Purpose of NATA Exam:
This is to facilitate a unified scheme of examination for testing the aptitude of prospective students all over the country to apply for admissions to B.Arch degree course for any school of architecture across india (Except N.I.T & I.I.T institutions for which the JEE - B.Arch Paper -2 has to be cleared separately).
NATA 2017 exam pattern :
It's a ONE-DAY PAPER BASED EXAMINATION all over the country.
NATA 2017 exam date schedule :
Date : 16.04.2017 ( Sunday)
Medium of Exam : Only English
Negative Marks for Incorrect answers in NATA Exam : No
Exam Timings: 11.00 a.m to 02.00 p.m ( 03 Hours )
Total Marks of NATA exam: 200 Marks. i.e 80 ( Aptitude) + 40( Maths) + 80 ( Drawing)
Part - 1 Timings: 11.00 a.m to 12:30 p.m (90 Minutes) : Architecture General aptitude ( 30 Questions) 40x2=80 Marks & Mathematics ( 30 Questions) 20x2=40 Marks
Question Type: MCQ - Multiple choice Questions
Answering Mode: OMR Shading Sheet.
Marks: 120 Marks ( For general Aptitude & Mathematics only )
Part - 2 Timings: 12:30 p.m to 02:00 p.m (90 Minutes) : Drawing paper ( 02 Questions )
Question Type : Architectural visualization
Answering Mode : Pencil & Paper ( A4 size)
Marks : 80 Marks (2x40=80)
NATA 2017 Syllabus ( NATA Exam 2017 portions of Study) :
Architecture Aptitude :
- Objects , Materials & components related architecture & built environment.
- Interpretations of pictorial compositions of historical or modern buildings, building materials, architects & their styles & works.
- Visualizing 3-Dimensional objects from 2-dimensional drawing.
- Visulalizing the different sides of 3 dimensional objects.
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability ( visual , numerical & Verbal )
- Awareness of national/International architects & their creations.
NATA Drawing Paper Syllabus :
- Understanding scale & proportion of objects
- Understanding geometrical compositions
- Understanding the different shape & building forms & their elements
- Understanding the principles of harmony & contrast
- Understanding aesthetics, texture, color
- Conceptualization & visualization of scenes from memory & imagination.
- Drawing of patterns of geometry & abstracts.
- Form transformations in 2D & 3D like additive forms, subtractive forms, rational property of surface & volumes.
- Generation of plan, elevation & 3D views of Objects.
- Creating 2D & 3D compositions using given shape & forms
- Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape & landscape.
NATA Drawing test scoring factors:
Candidate is suppose to answer 02 question in 90 minutes. The scoring in drawings is based on following factors :
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately & rendering the same visually appealing manner
- Visualising & drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surrounduings:
- Sense of Perspective drawing
- Combining & composing given 3-D elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating Visual harmony using colours in given cxomposition.
- Understanding of scale & proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Note: The NATA drawing paper will be evaluated by more than one examiner & the marks are to be averaged.
NATA 2017 Mathematics syllabus :
Algebra,Binomial Theorem Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices,VectorsLogarithms, (positive integral index), Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of three dimensions, Sets, Relations & Mapping, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations,Coordinate geometry of two dimensions Application of Calculus,, Permutation & combination and Statistics & probability.
ELIGIBILITY TO NATA 2017/B.ARCH ADMISSION 2017
Eligibility to take up NATA 2017 :
Candidates should have completed or appearing 12th or equivalent examination with Mathematics to apply for NATA.
- 10+2 (diploma) in any stream candidates are also eligible to apply.
- International Baccalaureate diploma passed/appearing after 10th are also eligible to apply.
- There is not any lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st July 2017.
Eligibility to Admission to B.Arch Course for 2017 :
Only the candidates who satisfies the following conditions are eligible for admission to B.Arch Course.
- Qualifying NATA 2017 or Cleared NATA 2016
- Secured minimum 50% of marks in 10+2 or equivalent exam with mathematics as one of the subjects.
( or )
Clearing 10+3 diploma (Any stream) recognized by central/state govt with minimum 50% aggregate marks with mathematics.
( or )
Securing a minimum 50% of marks in aggregate International baccalaureate diploma passes/appearing after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as one compulsory subject.
Note: No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch Course based on any qualification.
NATA 2017 APPLICATION/ADMIT CARD/RESULTS/NATA EXAM CENTRES 2017
NATA 2017 Application Procedure:
Nata Application dates : 02.01.2017 to 11.02.2017
- Prerequisite to be kept ready before filling the NATA 2017 application: Keep all digital jpeg formats of Recent colored passport sized photograph(4 cm x 3cm - max 100 kb), left thumb impression(1.5 cm x 3.5 cm - max 30 kb) & candidate signature (1.5 cm x 3.5 cm - max 30 kb) ready before starting to fill the application.
- Click on the link "ONLINE APPPLICATION NATA - 2017".
- Fill the online Application of Nata 2017 available in the above mentioned website.
- Fill all the mandatory fields marked with * without fail.
- All 3 categories of the NATA application form2017 has to be filled : Personal details , Document uploading & fees payment.
- Print out the confirmation page generated available in your login till 28.02.2017, after successful payment for the payer’s self – record.
- Rs.1250 to be paid as application fee either through online mode (EPG - electronic payment gateway via debit/credit cards/Net Banking) or print the ICICI Bank e-challan & make the payment in nearest ICICI branch & need to upload the challan details (journal no, Branch name & date) from their candidate login.
- There is no need to send any printed application or documents via post.
- The generated application number & the password applied to it by the individual has to be kept in memory for further correspondence or verification of any discrepancy.
Note: In case any filled data of the application got any errors, there would be a window period during which the candidates would be allowed to change their data.No further changes would be entertained beyond this stipulated window period.